[update] More coverage on Jon’s blog. [/update]

We made serious progress on our FountainServer tonight. We found some tricky networking bugs on the server side, as well as one or two on the PLC ladder. Fixing those resulted in our first truly, correctly, fully functional, successful test of all the components of the networking interconnections. They all work at full speed for the first time ever, and we can even cleanly shut down the connection between the FountainServer and the PLC, to boot.

Check it out: The script running here is sending 4 valve state commands within 1 ms at 300 ms intervals. We used to have to insert arbitrary 10 ms delays between every command to get it to work. Awesome!

[XviD 1.8MB] [QuickTime 1.8MB]
[Digital camera at night without tripod warning.]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *